Weekly Prayer – Sunday
Guest Post: by Trista Pagel
On Sunday I pray for the Church. Praying for the Church includes local, state, national, global, your home church, churches you support, previous churches you’ve attended, etc. Here are a few verses you can pray over the Church:
- the Church to be unified in Christ (John 17:20-23)
- the Church and God’s people to be filled with the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:9-13)
- the Holy Spirit to be working within the Church (Ephesians 1:16-20)
- protection against the attacks from the enemy (1 Peter 5:8-14)
We have now wrapped up daily prayer. These are the things I pray for weekly, but you may have different things and people you want to pray for daily or weekly. Tomorrow we will finish with monthly prayer and prayers answered, but before that here are some important disclaimers about this prayer tool:
- Just as with every tool, this doesn’t always work everyone. Do not conform yourself to this prayer tool, but rather change it however you want to make it work for you.
- Don’t let this become a crutch to your prayer life, but rather an enhancer. If you try it for a while and it doesn’t bless your prayer life, don’t do it anymore.
- This prayer tool does not take the place of other prayer. Such as spontaneous prayer. It’s not something to simply do in the morning and then check off your to-do list for the day. We should constantly be in prayer with God throughout the day.
- A helpful tip: Always put the date you begin praying as well as at least one verse on the note card when you begin praying for something/someone.
Leave a Reply